Need ideas for Mommy Me Time? How about 80 Ways to Enjoy “Mommy Me-Time”
I am a HUGE advocate of Mommy Me Time.
I believe in my core Mommy Me Time is not only a necessity but an absolute MUST and should be part of your daily routine.
Every Mom is a super hero!
YOU were hand-picked by higher power to be your child’s Mom (a.k.a. Guardian Angel). You are exactly who he/she needs to guide them through life.
With this big role comes a big responsibility to take care of yourself so in return you can be the super star you were meant to be in your most important role as a Mom.
One thing I know for sure is that everything points to Self-care! Without self-care it’s impossible to be healthy – mentally, physically and emotionally.
If you are not healthy mentally, emotionally and physically everyone around you will suffer.
Without proper mental health, we lack patience. For parents patience is a mandatory requirement.
Think about the last time you lost your patience and snapped at your kids. The chances are you were exhausted, tired, burned out and most likely skipped a meal or two. All of which effects your ability to manage stress, your mood and your interaction with those around you.
Commit to giving yourself 15-30 min a day towards doing something just for YOU!
To help you kick things off here is a list of 80 things you can do for yourself for your Mommy Me Time!
I invite you to take this list and add things that bring YOU joy.
Call it your “JOY List”.
Make it part of your routine to carve out “Mommy Me Time” and do something that brings you joy.
This will work best when you actually block off time on your calendar and really commit to it.
Your Mind, Body and Soul will love you for it.
Have fun with this and enjoy your Mommy Me Time!
- Paint your nails
- Read your favorite magazine
- Go for a walk
- Sip fresh cup of coffee / tea on your porch
- Get a message
- Get a new haircut
- Take a Champaign bubble bath at your home
- Have lunch with a girlfriend
- Call your BFF. (BFF is too far away? – Schedule a time to chat on Skype over coffee) So fun!
- Go to the movies (No babysitters? No problem. Buy your popcorn from the movie theaters and rent a movie at home! 😉
- Have a tickle war with your kids
- Treat yourself to your favorite pastry
- Listen to your favorite CD
- Get a foot message
- Treat yourself to a new accessory
- Buy a new lipstick
- Read a book
- Purchase a new candle
- Go for a run
- Schedule girl time
- Eat lunch at the park
- Take a coffee break
- Go dancing
- Take a painting class
- Sign up for ballroom dance lessons
- Spend time with nature
- Go for a hike
- Enjoy a glass of wine
- Go to a concert
- Treat yourself to a luxurious body lotion that unwinds you
- Download a ringtone that makes you happy
- Get a facial
- Go to your favorite restaurant
- Watch your favorite TV show
- Get a mani-pedi
- Treat yourself to frozen yogurt
- Give yourself a home facial
- Purchase a Sexy lingerie (yeah baby!)
- Enjoy chocolate – Guilt free!
- Wear something that makes you feel like a million bucks!
- Burn your favorite scented candle – Even when you are just doing the dishes 😉
- Turn every shower into your sanctuary by putting on relaxing music, burning candles and using few drops of your favorite aroma therapy oil like lavender
- Go on a date night with your spouse
- Buy flowers and place them all around your home, kitchen, bathroom, living room and bedroom
- Make gourmet coffee at home
- Sign up for a cooking class
- Enjoy an impromptu dance party in your living room
- Laugh every day!
- Treat yourself to Champaign brunch for fun
- Start your own garden to grow flowers, veggies and herbs (you’ll have endless supply of flowers to place around your home, not to mention save money on your grocery bill)
- Go to the beach
- Read a fashion magazine
- Go to lunch with your honey
- Work on a puzzle
- Do Yoga
- Take a family field trip
- Go to a fancy restaurant and just order desert!
- Go window shopping
- Take a nap
- Go for a swim
- Get crafty – browse through Pinterest and look for craft projects that inspire you
- Take a bike ride
- Try a new recipe
- Play miniature golf
- Listen to an audio book
- Go to a bookstore
- Pamper yourself
- Visit a day spa
- Go ice skating
- Start on scrapbooking
- Connect with other Moms in Mom Groups
- Write in a gratitude journal
- Buy a cook book
Now I’d love to hear from you. What brings you joy? What do you do for your Mommy Me Time? Paint a picture for us below in the comments.
Remember, thousands of Mom’s come here each week looking for that golden nugget, inspiration and encouragement to make their Motherhood journey a bit smoother. Your insight could be exactly what they need to hear right now that will make a difference.
Important: please share your thoughts and ideas directly in the comments below.
Thank you in advance for reading, commenting and sharing. You help my mission to create “Sisterhood for Mommies” come to life!
Share the knowledge…Share the love…